The specialty food industry is $175 billion strong, and brands such as Popchips, Honest Tea, Ben & Jerry's, Walkers Shortbread, and ZICO Coconut Water all participated in the Specialty Food Association's (SFA) Fancy Food shows when they launched.
This year at the Summer Fancy Food show in New York, the Startup Pavilion and the Incubator Village were the places to see emerging brands as they too aim to become the next "big" specialty food product. Just a few of the product highlights:
- 2022 sofitm award winner Zing plant-based bars have colorful and eye-catching packaging, and a confirmed delicious chocolate & coconut bar, among others.
- Think Jerky wants to make jerky products appealing to a broader market, with eye catching packaging and modern recipes curated by four James Beard award winning chefs.
- Siempre Soups is soon expanding their refrigerated soup product line to include shelf-stable soups in flexible pouch packaging.
- Kekoa baby food is expanding the palates of young consumers with pouched foods in flavors such as Beets, Fennel & Kale, and Curry Vegetable Mango.
- Queen of Hearts is expanding their product line from hemp seed oil and hemp hearts to include 'superfood dressings' that use up-cycled processing byproduct as the base.
- Spare Tonic's colorful cans hold 4 flavors of probiotic-packed beverages that are produced with up-cycled whey.
- Mai Vino's three organic wines are housed in flexible pouch bags. Each pouch holds the equivalent of two bottles.
- Happy Grub's bright and colorful packaging holds dry pancake mixes in plastic bottles. Add water and shake.