Combined with current offices in Portland, OR, and Miami, FL, the new location represents a significant expansion of customer service, support, and supply capabilities in the North American market. It also reflects the current strategy of BillerudKorsnäs to grow its business in the U.S. and Canada.
To help support brands and converters in North America, BillerudKorsnäs expanded its staff with experienced industry professionals. Supporting sales and providing customer service expertise are the following individuals:
• Inger Heinke, business development director, Cartonboard, has been leading product and market development initiatives in the forest products industry for over 25 years, focusing on sustainable products and sustainable sourcing strategies.
• Sherrie Scales, customer service specialist, Cartonboard, has more than 10 years of customer care experience and is based in the Chicago office. She manages inquiries and is responsible for providing enhanced customer care and support.
• Jeff Espin, sales manager, Cartonboard, has a diverse printing and packaging industry background that spans more than 25 years. His positions have included sales management, operations management and technical services. He will be managing sales to folding box and printer customers.
• Brian Jermyn, business development manager, Cartonboard, has more than 20 years of business development experience working with high-end packaging companies marketing to luxury brands in the cosmetics, liquor, specialty foods and electronics industries. Based in New York, Brian will be working with brands to achieve new possibilities in packaging design and facilitating sustainable strategies.
• Scott Carlson, international account executive, has over 17 years of packaging industry experience providing custom solutions to the industrial, food and beverage and automotive segments. Based in Chicago, Scott helps global brands reduce total supply chain costs through BillerudKorsnäs Managed Packaging.
• Mark Maxwell, international account executivewith BillerudKorsnäs Managed Packaging, has over 20 years of global packaging experience in the consumer goods, industrial and automotive segments. Based in Detroit, Mark works with brands to develop sustainable packaging solutions from Asia.
• Peter Malmqvist, marketing director for the Americas, recently relocated to the United States and will be managing marketing efforts from the Chicago office. Previously, Malmqvist served as marketing director with BillerudKorsnäs in Sweden.
”Opening a new facility in Chicago reflects the long-term strategy of BillerudKorsnäs to grow market share in North America by helping brand owners implement sustainable and innovative packaging solutions and to realize supply chain efficiencies. It also enhances our ability to supply high-quality products to our customers. Additionally, we are bringing new talent with years of experience in the paper and converting industries who will be dedicated to meeting and exceeding customer needs,” said Malmqvist.