The name change links the newsletter with a new website coming this December from Packaging World magazine. Greener Package, is dedicated to packaging professionals working on improved sustainability. All the news and views readers have come to expect from Sustainable Outlook will also be in Greener Package, plus added features and benefits, including:
- A database of packages demonstrating the latest thinking in sustainability
- Free advice from industry experts
- A directory of materials, containers, and suppliers
- The first annual Greener Package Sustainability Awards
Sign up to be notified when GreenerPackage.com goes live. This newsletter will continue to be issued on a monthly basis.
- To help attendees easily identify exhibitors that highlight sustainable solutions, PMMI is introducing Pack Expo Green. Special icons will be used to flag listings on www.packexpo.com, in the compact Pocket Guide Directory available on site at Pack Expo, and in participating exhibitors' booths. For attendees using My Pack Expo to pre-plan their trip, a new search function identifies exhibiting companies that offer sustainable and/or environmentally friendly technologies. Special booth signage will also be featured.
- Wal-Mart recently recognized Winterborne, Inc., for sustainable packaging with an award for EnviroShell, a 90% recyclable and recycled clamshell package. Read more
- Stretch film producer NO.EL introduced a patented technology for creating standard stretch film rolls without the typical cardboard tube core inside. The company developed a technique for winding stretch film material into an industry standard sized roll so that the stretch film itself supports the roll's structure. The system reduces cost and waste. For coreless roll samples or further information contact Bruno Montesano, Nuove Sales at 310/670-0576 or Montesano@nuovesales.com
- Pregis Corp. introduced Astro-Bubble Green, air-cushioning bubble packaging containing up to 40% recycled content. Read more
- PWP Industries introduced packaging made from renewable agricultural biomass fiber composite. AgroResin is 100% biodegradable, compostable and made from nongenetically modified agricultural biomass. The material is FDA approved for use with food products. Read more
- A proposed new ASTM International standard, Practice for Marking Plastic Products for Identification in Reuse and Recycling, will facilitate more efficient recycling of a variety of post-consumer plastics. For technical Information, contact Alan D. Kupfer, Georgia Gulf Corp., Plaquemine, LA. (Phone: 225/685-1257; firstname.lastname@example.org).
- By 2010, Coca-Cola Enterprises wants its PET bottles to have 10% recycled content. To meet that goal, the Coca-Cola Company is building a bottle-to-bottle recycling plant in Spartanburg, SC, and Coca-Cola Recycling is developing a supply stream to funnel high-quality PET for recycling. Read more
- Folding carton printer, Printed Specialties, Inc., Carrollton, GA, has been certified by both the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).