Running February 13-15, WestPack is one of six co-located shows coming to the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA. The co-locators are Medical Design and Manufacturing West, Plastec West, Electronics West, Pacific Design and Manufacturing, and Automation Technology Expo West.
A WestPack highlight is the Thursday, February 15 Medical Device Packaging track that will be offered at the co-located MD&M West Conference. Chairing this track will be Jan Gates, principal packaging engineer at Abbott. Part I, from 9:00 a.m. to noon, is called Packaging Engineering. Sessions include:
• ISO 11607 Implementation, Panel Discussion
• Case Study: Accelerated Aging of a Rigid Medical Packaging Application
• Basics of Pre-Made Thermoform Tray Design for Sterile Medical Package
Part II, running from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., is called Packaging Validation and Compliance. Sessions are as follows:
• Material Qualification for Form/Fill/Seal
• Package Shelf Life Qualification: Real Time & Accelerated
• ISTA 5B Refrigerated Shipment Qualifications
• Distribution & Shipping Validation
Exhibition hours are 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This event is produced and managed by Canon Communications. For further details, including a list of exhibitors and registration information, visit www.canontradeshows.com.