Dotcom Distribution has released its annual eCommerce consumer study. Two key packaging takeaways for packaging professionals:
Sustainable packaging is more likely to gain shoppers than any other environmental factor.
When asked what environmental factor would make them most likely to shop with a brand:
- 47% said sustainable packaging
- 28% said ethically sourced products
- 17% said natural/chemical-free/plant-based products
- 9% said fuel-efficient transportation methods
Gift-like packaging and giveaways elicit more sales from premium shoppers (defined in this survey as consumers who purchased premium cosmetics, apparel or accessories).
- 28% of premium shoppers would be more likely to purchase again from brands that use gift-like packaging vs. 20% of non-premium shoppers
- 68% of premium shoppers would be more likely to purchase again from brands that include surprise giveaways vs. 54% of non-premium shoppers
The full study is available from Dotcom Distribution.