The new IP67 protection rated, machine-mount, 4-port slim IO-Link master has the same functional features as the Balluff 8-port IO-Link master series in a more compact format. This module is available on three popular industrial networks: EtherNet/IP, PROFINET and EtherCAT. In addition, Balluff again offers these form factors with IO-Link Type A or IO-Link Type B port functionality, as per the IO-Link consortium specifications.
The Type A and Type B functionality for the IO-Link port differs in the way output-power (or aux-power) is configured for each IO-Link master port. With 9A of total available current at 24VDC, the Type A master can host up to 124 configurable I/O points or 4 IO-Link enabled smart sensors and 4 additional I/O. The Type B Slim IO-Link master, with the same power capacity, is ideally suited for connecting IO-Link valve manifolds or devices that require galvanic isolation for output power.
Functional features include:
• 2A of output current per channel with 9A max output current
• Output power is separated from device power on both Type A and Type B port IO-Link masters, enabling switching it off in case of safety breach without losing device state
• Rugged machine-mount design with IP67 protection rating for harsh industrial use
• Built-in switch for daisy chaining and ring topology networks
• State-of-the art web server functionality for IO-Link configuration using IODD files
• Ease integration with Add-On-Instructions and function blocks available for download.