The September issue of Automation World presented a short list of questions to consider when designing and apply bar-code labels. Courtesy of Bryan Vidlar, a senior technology consultant at Standard Register, a document service provider based in Dayton, OH.
Vidlar suggests these questions:
- • How long will the label stay on?
- • What will the label be exposed to?
- • Should the substrate be paper or synthetic?
- • Should the adhesive be permanent or temporary?
- • Will it be exposed to a cold environment?
- • How much data will be encoded?
- • Will the label be removable without residue?