Attend PACK EXPO – this year’s can’t-miss event in Chicago, Oct 23-26.
Discover solutions from 2,000+ exhibitors to advance your operations and network with colleagues at PACK EXPO International.

A realistic view of sustainable packaging

This Podcast underscores why one size doesn't fit all when it comes to green packaging.

For those interested in green insights into packaging, Dennis Salazar, who heads Salazar Packaging, offers up some advice in an interview from entitled, "The One Material Myth Versus Environmental Reality."

Salazar shares real-world experiences that underscores the theme that "green is good for business." His experiences with end users is helpful, and has some key bits that offer a helpful overview and advice with all the highlights short of identifying the specific customers.

Some issues addressed during the 14-minute Podcast:

The struggle of engineering versus marketing versus manufacturing

The experience of a toy company whose repackaging resulted in 22 fewer shiploads of product the next year.

Because only 30% of all consumer waste is recycled, the chances are 70% that the packaging will end up in a landfill, which is why it is imperative to create as small a package as possible.

Most packagers can reduce their packaging by 15-20% without huge costs or effort.

To listen or download the Podcast at, see Sustainability from start to finish.

Playbook: Flexible Pack
Learn tips for success as you explore bagging, pouching & wrapping equipment.
Download Now
Playbook: Flexible Pack
Discover Our Content Hub
Access Packaging World's free educational content library!
Unlock Learning Here
Discover Our Content Hub