PMMI is dedicated to supporting the next generation of talent and fostering the growth of the packaging and processing workforce," said Jim Pittas, president and CEO of PMMI. "Through the support of our sponsors and partners, we are able to provide crucial resources that drive our industry forward. We extend our heartfelt gratitude for their generosity, which fuels our collective progress and innovation."
Each year, the PMMI Foundation provides academic scholarships to students studying packaging, food processing, engineering, and mechatronics. Since its inception in 1998, the PMMI Foundation has given more than $2.8 million to strengthen the workforce within the packaging and processing industry.
To qualify for the $5,000 individual scholarship, students must excel in their academics with a major in engineering, packaging, processing, mechatronics, or a related field and demonstrate a commitment to the industry.
Congratulations to the 2023 PACK EXPO Scholarship recipients:
• Haleigh Gartner, Clemson University, Packaging Science
• Julianne Hom, California Polytechnic State University, Packaging Value Chain
• Marissa Rupert, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Automation and Engineering: Mechatronics
• Caden Sand, Alexandria Technical and Community College, Mechatronics
• Jeffrey Santos, Hennepin Technical College, Automation and Robotics Engineering Technology
• Sierra Seton, Toronto Metropolitan University, Graphic Communications Management
For more information about the PMMI Foundation and its scholarship programs, visit pmmifoundation.org/scholarships.