Sparks synchronous motorized pulleys are ideal for applications in logistics, general automation and machine building, and are especially suited for servo-type applications. Dura-Drive SPM pulleys run oil-free with no possibility of oil leaks.This solves one of the main problems of motorized pulleys, especially in food applications.
• Lower operating costs: Practically no conveyor downtime or maintenance means lower costs and higher productivity.
• Compact, safe and clean: hazards and pinch points are removed by having all moving parts enclosed in the pulley shell, and there is no external grease or oil from chains, bearings and couplings.
• Simple design: Dura-Drive SPM is a one-piece pulley so it can be easily specified into new conveyor systems, which dramatically reduces design time. For existing systems the pulleys can be ordered with two mounting brackets for an easy retrofit.
• Synchronous motor technology: the permanent magnet motors used in Dura-Drive SPM pulleys are characterized by high power density and very low losses. The motors can be supplied with feedback for use with servo drives, or run sensor-less with a suitable frequency inverter.
• Cool running: very low losses mean significantly reduced heat when compared to a motorized pulley powered by a standard AC induction motor.
• Torque: remains constant over a very wide speed range.
• High acceleration: for infeed applications, for example a collating conveyor, the Dura-Drive SPM can provide high acceleration even with large loads.
• Energy efficiency: the permanent magnet motor is up to 6 times more efficient than an AC induction motor, which reduces operating costs.