We found the following products to be notable:
• Marconi (Wood Dale, IL) showcased a new 7-day old IPro ink jet printer. It features an improved user-friendly interface and network connectivity.
• Sud Chemie (Belen, NM) now offers six-color offset printing directly on its effervescent-PAK and diagnostic-PAK polymer packaging tubes used for pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals.
• Squid Ink (Spring Lake Park, MN) unveiled a large character drop-on-demand ink jet printing system SQ/2 Scorpion. High in versatility, the SQ/2 is available as a water-based printer for corrugated cases, or as a solvent-based printer for plastics, metals, stretch films and coated corrugate.
• Packtion (www.packtion.com) introduced an online research library for the packaging marketplace, including nearly three billion searchable documents from global patent databases, federal regulations, OSHA inspection reports, government regulatory databases, and packaging and news publications. A free two-week trial is available.
• DVT (Norcross, GA) now offers a free CD-ROM for FrameWork, SmartReader and SmartLink sensor software. The CD-ROM includes 30 hours of interactive software and hardware training.
• The new 3M-Matic print-and-seal system, on display at the Xpedx booth, allows custom printing of Scotch printable tape and simultaneously seals RSC top seams. The message and images can be changed automatically from label to label.
• Top Tier Palletizers (West Linn, OR) introduced the floor-level conveyor infeed End-of-Line palletizer that stands 60’ sq., and the high-level infeed Tower just 36’ sq. Targeted for mid-range processing speeds of one to two layers/min., they run 15-40 containers/min., depending on box size and pallet pattern.
• Belcor Industries (Richmond, BC, Canada) displayed its semi-automatic Model 505 case erector and pack station with a new ergonomically
For a report from our Associate Publisher, Jim Chrzan, on exhibitors' reaction to the show, please click here.