• Assure the co-packer can provide the services you need, including product and package sourcing, package design, warehousing, and distribution.
• Confirm that your co-packer has proper quality control mechanisms in place. If you market over-the-counter medicine, you’ll need a co-packer that is cGMP-compliant or meets FDA requirements.
• Look for a co-packer that you’re confident will meet deadlines.
• Seek a co-packer that can scale its labor force and equipment to meet your needs.
• Clarify each component’s established price and agreed-upon markup in advance in instances when your co-packer needs to source components. State your expected scrap rate upfront.
• Confirm your co-packer will get your ongoing authorization on every part of