Dalemark Industries Inc. has introduced its new Series 400 Dotmark high-resolution inkjet printers. The Dotmark printers are a line of simple, low-cost, self-contained coders designed to replace more costly, larger, multi-fluid continuous inkjet (CIJ) coders as well as many low-resolution, drop-on-demand inkjet coders.
The units are constructed of anodized aluminum and include an integrated touchscreen keypad for easy, simple standalone copy inputs; conveyor mounting hardware; and a photocell product detector. These units are compact and suitable for coding text, graphics, and/or barcodes on bottles, cans, cartons, cases, pallets, and parts.
The printers provide many capabilities including the following:
· Prints copy from 2–50 mm (depending upon system)
· Imprints lot numbers, expiration dates, pricing, 1D/2D barcodes, graphics, text, counts, and more
· Prints horizontally or top down
· Speeds up to 750 fpm; shaft encoder capable
· Print resolution up to 600 dpi (dependent upon print speed)
· Requires no daily or weekly cleaning
· Self-contained touchpad; requires no PC
· Codes in black, blue, red, green, or yellow
· Requires no air
· Uses disposable ink cartridge; no liquids to pour or mix