- The corrugated packaging market overall totalled an estimated 145 million tonnes in 2017, growing to almost 181 million tonnes in 2023
- The corrugated packaging market is worth almost $315 billion to converters in 2017, and forecast to grow to almost $383 billion by 2023
- E-commerce packaging favours the use of corrugated board – more than $20 billion worth of corrugated materials are used in e-commerce sector
- The major sectors for e-commerce include consumer electronics, books and media products, fashion, and toys, hobby, and sports equipment
- The market for e-commerce packaging will expand at a rapid compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.3% from 2017 through to 2022. This compares to a CAGR of 2.9% for packaging overall in 2017-22
- E-commerce packaging – including corrugated packaging, as well as flexible packaging, and protective and transit packaging – will total nearly $55 billion in 2022
For more information on The Future of Corrugated Packaging to 2023 or to buy, please visit the market report page.