• With 37 million Hispanics, the U.S. is the second-largest Spanish-speaking country in the world.
• With 13.4% of the population, Hispanics are now the largest minority group in the United States.
• The Hispanic population has grown at a 58% rate since 1990.
• By 2010, Hispanics are expected to represent 27% of the U.S. population.
• Hispanics spend $20 more on groceries—$41 per week—than the average shopper.
• The top five Hispanic markets in the U.S. in order are Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Houston, and San Antonio.
Sources: U.S. Census, Food Marketing Institute.