PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, owner and producer of the PACK EXPO Portfolio of Trade Shows, announces the opening of registration for PACK EXPO International 2016 (McCormick Place, Chicago; Nov. 6–9)
and the co-located Pharma EXPO, a joint venture with the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE).
“We are expecting the 2016 installment of PACK EXPO and Pharma EXPO to break records across the board. The size of the show, the number of exhibiting companies and total attendance are all projected to surpass past shows,” says Jim Pittas, PMMI, senior vice president, Trade Shows. “We are projecting the number of exhibiting companies to grow at least 19 percent from the 2014 show, providing attendees the opportunity to forge strong business relationships through face-to-face interaction with industry leaders. No other show in North America will offer the depth and breadth of solutions providers like PACK EXPO and Pharma EXPO.”
The four-day event will feature over 2,300 exhibiting companies and span more than 1.2 million net square feet of exhibit space at McCormick Place. PMMI expects to welcome 50,000 attendees. Registration for PACK EXPO allows visitors full access to the Pharma EXPO show floor at no additional cost.
“PACK EXPO International and Pharma EXPO is where companies come to introduce the industry’s latest processing and packaging advances. Having more than twenty vertical markets represented allows for an unsurpassed showcase of production solutions, unavailable in any other setting,” says Pittas.
In addition to the invaluable connections and innovations for business solutions, the show will also provide unprecedented learning opportunities through a robust series of presentations taking place at four Innovation Stages located on the show floor. These learning hubs will offer 30-minute seminars on breakthrough ideas and technologies conducted by exhibitors and industry thought leaders at PACK EXPO. But the opportunity for education doesn't’t stop there. Several show floor features will also host invaluable education including:
- The Reusables Learning Center, sponsored by the Reusable Packaging Association, where attendees can learn about integrating reusables into the supply chain, thus maximizing profits and sustainability simultaneously.
- The Beverage Cooler lounge, hosted by the International Society of Beverage Technologists and sponsored by BEUMER Group, a networking and learning center for the beverage industry.
- The Baking & Snack Break lounge, hosted by B&CMA, where attendees from the baking and snack industry can gather and meet with subject matter experts.
- The Candy Bar lounge, hosted by NCA, a dedicated area for attendees in the confectionery industry to recharge, network and gather timely industry information.
- The Showcase of Packaging Innovations®, sponsored by The Dow Chemical Company, where attendees from every vertical can view award-winning packaging from around the globe.
In addition, ISPE will host a dedicated conference program at Pharma EXPO where attendees can learn about best practices for manufacturing operations, compliance trends and pharmaceutical packaging, all specific to pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers. The conference at Pharma EXPO will focus on three tracks – manufacturing operations, compliance trends and pharmaceutical packaging.
Register for PACK EXPO International and Pharma EXPO 2016 online at www.packexpointernational.com. Registration for PACK EXPO and Pharma EXPO is $30 through Oct.14,when it increases to the on-site fee of $100.