The Contract Packaging Association (CPA) will deliver two presentations at IoPP's Packaging Learning Center as part of The Conference at Pack Expo, Oct. 29-31
- Contract Packaging and Kitting as a Lean Packaging Strategy: This session will be presented Oct. 29 by Kevin Hall, chief operating officer of Coregistics. Hall's a packaging industry veteran who has worked on both sides of the contract packaging aisle. His 20-plus years in consumer goods supply chain management includes experience at Clorox Co. as well as at contract packaging and logistics services companies. Attendees of this session will learn how to define kit assembly as a lean approach to packaging, gain an understanding of the cost benefits of proper kitting and recognize where and how to unlock production efficiencies and gain speed-to-market benefits through the creation of kit packaging.
- The Evolution of Contract Packaging within the Customer Supply Chain: Eric Wilhelm, CEO of Coregistics, will deliver this presentation on Oct. 31. He will explain the trend of “late-state differentiation” of product, which has grown to 20% of the product volume going to retailers, and in which contract packaging can provide significant value. Attendees will learn about optimizing product and data networks, discerning future trends in contract packaging and reducing supply chain waste.
For its overall conference track, PMMI has partnered with leading industry groups to offer additional professional development and business insight opportunities:
- Alliance for Innovation & Operational Excellence (AIOE)
- Association for Automatic Identification and Mobility (AIM)
- Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP)
- International Society of Beverage Technologists (ISBT)
- PAC - The Packaging Association
- PMMI U
- Reusable Packaging Association (RPA)
Additionally, the Pack Expo show floor will be open from Oct. 28-31 at McCormick Place in Chicago. During the course of the show conference, IoPP's Packaging Learning Center will present 23 sessions, including several panel discussions. Nearly 40 speakers will cover trends and innovation, manufacturing solutions, pharmaceutical and medical device packaging, transportation and logistics, and food product/packaging safety.
Click to view the complete conference agenda.