At Interpack 2017, visitors will have a chance to discover what’s new from IMA for the pharmaceutical, cosmetics, tea, coffee, and food industries. Hall 17 will be devoted entirely to IMA’s latest innovations.
The IMA Group will present new machines and complete lines for the processing and packaging of pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, tea, coffee and food. A wide range of solutions to meet all requirements.
A special area will be dedicated to IMA Digital, which summarizes all of the projects that represent IMA's commitment to the evolution toward the “Smart Factory” and “Smart Products.” IMA's leadership in terms of innovation and technology impose a highly competitive position.
The high-precision technology of IMA’s entire range of machines and complete lines will also be revealed through cutting-edge solutions such as a jumbo screen videowalls.
Preview some of the new machines that will be on display:
- IMA Active
Continuous Manufacturing is one of the most important drivers for innovation within the pharmaceutical industry. CROMA, the new machine for continuous coating, is IMA’s first step in this direction. Of the various manufacturing phases for solid dosage, IMA Active has decided to start from coating because this process fits between two inherently continuous processes: compression and packaging. In fact, CROMA is designed to work in-line with a tablet press machine for medium production output.
- INJECTA is the ultimate frontier in the process of RTF syringes in tubs. The machine new design concept envisions the use of advanced robotics to assure smooth processing of tubs and components with minimum operator’s access to the working area. Quality control of production is the biggest advantage of this revolutionary concept in syringe filling.
- The SENSITIVE AP400 COMPACT is the IMA Life’s latest development in the field of carton labelling. Its reduced overall length of 1.400 mm allows effective and valuable integrations in the major challenging packaging lines, where space availability and high speed requirements are the foremost prerequisites to cope with.
- Also on display, the new carton labeler, SENSITIVE AP400 CW, has been conceived to feature, as all Sensitive Series, the application of labels on three of the carton's sides, with positive transport system. A sophisticated 100% in process advanced check weighing system performs the quality control of the production.
IMA Life will be presenting a wireless sensor technology to advance pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Compared with previous models, the Dynamica offers improved ergonomics, a new HMI, no product feeding limits, and a new product bucket belt, which allows better integration with the product feeder and a considerable reduction in size. Dynamica will be in-line with the new BFB MS260—a stretch banding machine—and the new BFB CPH2 horizontal case packer.
- Based on the success of the SOMBRERO (a one-row production feeder), a new double-row production feeder FILL-IT has been developed. It maintains the extraordinary capacities of the SOMBRERO with the added benefit of being able to work in two rows.
In the Pharma area, visitors can also experience the PROCESS INNOVATION HUB, a corner dedicated to process technologies.
CONTINUOUS PHARMACEUTICAL offers breakthrough Integrated Continuous Manufacturing (ICM) technology for small molecule pharmaceuticals, where synthesis of the active ingredient and the final dosage form are integrated into a seamless process. This novel method allows “on-demand” manufacturing of pharmaceuticals with advantages in terms of production lead time, quality, and costs.
- GIMA Coffee: The 595 is a single serve coffee capsule filling and sealing machine with automatic feeding system. The machine strikes a perfect balance between performance and practicality. The unique ergonomic cantilever design assures great accessibility for maintenance, service, and easy cleaning, significantly reducing line downtimes. The 595 has a new robotized automatic capsule feeding system.
IMA Tea & Herbs
- Sporting a clean, compact design, the brand new C27-E is a 300 bags/minute packaging solution with knot technology for tea and herbs. The technology is able to process naked bags and sealed outer envelopes, incorporating a newly-conceived flexible cartoning attachment.
- The highly compact C59 is the new packaging solution for heat-sealed, single-chamber bags without string and tag. For tea and herbs, it packages in flow packs for improved product preservation.
Dairy & Food
- IMA Hassia extends its product range by adding a new packaging machine for portion cups in the low output range - an ergonomic FFS machine for mini-portions. The P100 as an entry-level machine is particularly noteworthy for its compact design and easy handling.
- IMA Benhil will present a new wrapping machine, the Multipack 2000, for pasty products, i.e. butter, margarine, edible fats, cream cheese, etc. This machine is also noteworthy for being compact and robust.
- On display by Corazza is the new I20 wrapping machine for pressed cubes, a completely servo-driven machine that simplifies all production processes and handling. The machine is suitable for pressed stock cubes and chocolate or milk-based products.
- Another highlight is the Ermetika by IMA Fillshape. The high-speed continuous motion rotary machine - in virtual reality on the stand - fills and seals pre-made spouted pouches and is of particular interest for liquid cosmetic and cleaning products.
- GIMA will present FTC 578-C, a new continuous high-speed vertical cartoner. Versatile and flexible, it can handle different types of packaging (various shapes of carton packs, plastic bottles, metal containers, etc.), and a number of product counting solutions.
- C1290 is the new automatic tube filler being displayed by CO.MA.DI.S. Available with different levels of automation and with a wide range of additional devices, it is the “state of the art” of single nozzle technology. Performance is combined with simplicity in change-over sequences and quick dismantling of contact parts.
- The new VERTI│CARE vertical cartoner, designed for cosmetic applications, packs products while maintaining the quality of the final package.
IMA Automation and GIMA Confectionery will display their new solutions through a Totem touch, while GIMA TT will have an Info corner.