This content was written and submitted by the supplier. It has only been modified to comply with this publication’s space and style.
Bags made of thin plastic film such as those used for salad leaves and fresh herbs, or the aluminum foil bags used for chips and other snacks are flimsy and often just as fragile as their contents. New biodegradable and recyclable materials are becoming increasingly popular, and with it the challenges of bag handling increase.
The thinner the bags become, the easier they can be sucked into and damaged by the suction cup’s grip. To avoid any damage to the bag or indeed to their contents, the lip of the suction cup needs to provide outstanding sealing capability even at low vacuum levels.
Piab’s BGX bag handling suction cup has been specially developed to be the perfect bag picker for flimsy and oversized bags addressing the challenges presented by this application. The lip of the bag cup is designed with outstanding sealing capability also at low vacuum level.
Produced as a one-piece suction cup with two bellows, the suction cup will easily pick bags of different heights with a safe and stable hold of the product in the fast/semi-fast robot applications.
The BGX suction cups are made of FDA and EU approved blue silicone for direct contact with food and are suitable for both high and low temperature applications. The suction cup can be configured by choosing between 3 sizes of the lip diameters 34, 41, and 48 mm and 6 different aluminum push-in fittings designed to attach safely to the robust neck of the cups.
The ultimate bag picker benefits:
• Perfect for picking flimsy bags
• Thin lip seals outstandingly at low vacuum level
• One piece suction cup provides safe and stable hold of the product in fast/semi-fast robot applications
• Multi bellow design compensates for height differences and uneven surfaces
• FDA & EU approved silicone material for direct food contact
• Suitable for both high and low temperature applications
• Configurable for individual applications in e-commerce, FMCG, secondary food picking, fashion, and other industries.