Containing 105 fl oz of an ultra-concentrated formula specifically for e-commerce, the Eco-Box arrives on a shopper’s doorstep in a sealed, shipping-safe corrugated box. Inside the box is a sealed bag of ultra-compacted Tide liquid laundry detergent. To use, a perforated corrugated flap is peeled off to reveal a dosing cup and a new “no-drip” twist tap.
This award-winning package:
• Contains less packaging, 60% less plastic, and 30% less water than the current 150-oz Tide press-tap bottle
• Doesn’t require any secondary re-boxing or bubble wrap
• Is lighter because of its ultra-compacted formula, and
• Takes up less space because of its boxed design, which means more loads of laundry can fit on fewer delivery trucks
In evaluating entries, jurors considered excellence based on the following criteria:
• New and/or clever use of materials
• New technology integration and/or rapid technology development/prototyping
• Creative configuration and/or assembly
• Increased production and/or distribution efficiency
• Responsible use of materials
• Clean and efficient energy consumption
• Reduction in product and package waste
• Benefits the greater good
Enhanced User Experience
• Fulfills a user need and/or provides an enhanced experience
• Aids product merchandising and motivates purchase
• Enables greater product accessibility
• Establishes a preferred price/value equation
The 2019 Packaging Innovation Awards represent the packaging industry’s longest running, independently judged competition. They honor innovations in packaging design, materials, technology, processes, and service across the entire packaging value chain. Inaugurated in 1986 by DuPont, the program’s tradition of excellence is now proudly continued by Dow.
Calls for entry began in January 2019, with judging beginning in May and winners ultimately announced on Sept. 17, 2019. Packaging World editors were granted early audience with award finalists, prior to their announcement, in order to provide timely reports on winning innovations.