QROMA™ Apple iPhones and iPads are already configured to accept a QROMA code. The QROMA code contains the email address for the orders, the correct item number, and a description of the item. The QROMA code can be located on the part itself, the packaging, on a digital HMI screen, or a storage rack.
If using an iPhone or iPad, the person doing the ordering selects the camera function on the phone and focuses the camera on the QROMA code. No photo need be taken. In this example, a message will appear "Compose an email to firstname.lastname@example.org" with the email icon. Press the email icon and the email will appear on the screen with the correct ordering information. The person can edit the order if desired or just send the email for processing.
To provide a secure transaction, the supplier's - in this example Fox IV Technologies' - order entry system contains a confidential customer specified profile of the authentication process for a QROMA order. Valid email addresses and the order acknowledgment process are part of the QROMA profile. Orders from invalid email addresses are rejected. Every customer is able to define their desired authentication process and the response before the order is shipped.
The advantage of QROMA
• fast, easy, and secure method for ordering parts, inventory, or supplies over the internet
• approved personnel can immediately place orders from the plant floor, the field, or a fulfillment center
• a guarantee that the personnel will order the correct item
• to prevent fraud and scams the QROMA process includes the supplier having a confidential profile for every customer for authenticating that it is a legitimate order
• the option to have additional authentication/approvals
A fast, easy, error free method for personnel to order inventory, parts, or supplies from the plant floor., the field, or a distribution/fulfillment center. Order security is insured by a multifactor authentication process that only accepts orders from and sends acknowledgements to approved email addresses.