According to Exal Corp., aluminum beverage bottles produced using coil-to-can technology offer an abundance of sustainability advantages over impact-extruded cans, in addition to their inherent recyclability. Among them:
• Use 0.5 million lb less aluminum for every 20 million cans produced.
• Lighter weight means reduced transportation costs.
• Process eliminates the need for a separate, plastic outsert on the neck of the bottle to ensure a proper interface with bottle closure systems. IE cans with plastic outserts can create recycling challenges.
• Use from 57% to 65% post-consumer recycled aluminum.
• Stronger package reduces shipping damage and waste. •