Attendees are invited to meet with the Toray Plastics (America), Inc., team who will be updating attendees about its developments in sustainability—including R&D, products, and operations—which are aimed at helping to build a sustainable society and circular economy. Toray is part of Toray Industries, Inc., a global organization that believes climate change is the most pressing issue of the 21st century, aims to be carbon-neutral by 2050, and is using its expertise as a materials innovator to make life better for people worldwide.
“The Toray team is eager to attend PACK EXPO International in-person and meet CPGs and converters who are new to Toray,” says Franco Chicarella, Director of Sales, Toray Plastics (America), Inc. “We’ll be introducing them to our vast portfolio of packaging and label films and the comprehensive service we can provide to help them commercialize their projects effectively and efficiently.
“Toray has been extremely busy immersing itself in R&D to help customers achieve their immediate and long-term sustainability requirements, expanding its operations, developing next-generation Torayfan® and Lumirror® packaging films, launching the Torayfan roll-fed label film portfolio, developing a BOPP PSL film line, and more. We’re confident that PACK EXPO attendees will be very impressed with the depth and breadth of Toray’s capabilities and will want to know more about us,” he says.
Packaging and label film technologies that will be featured at the expo include:
• The next-generation Torayfan CB3 portfolio of transparent high-barrier BOPP films. CB3 films are available in 70 and 80 gauges in sealable and nonsealable versions.
• Torayfan white-pigmented BOPP films for snack food packaging. They are metallized on one side in sealable and nonsealable versions and are available in a variety of barrier levels and heat-seal strengths.
• Lumirror PA6HB, a clear, ultra-high-oxygen-barrier film, and MK6HB, a metallized ultra-high-oxygen- and moisture-barrier film that is used as a replacement for EVOH and aluminum foil. Both films offer an excellent aroma barrier.
• Torayfan Over the Mountain high-barrier BOPP films. These OTM films are designed with integrated sealant technology, improved hermeticity (air tightness), and the seal strength to withstand the air pressure changes that occur when products are transported in changing altitudes, which can cause a package to burst.
• Lumirror STM Soft-Touch Matte film, a unique, matte-coated polyester film technology that simplifies processing and enables the manufacture of a robust, upscale, soft-touch matte lamination.
• Lumirror LumiLid® portfolio of lidding films are dual-ovenable, FDA-compliant, IMS-certified, and available in clear, white, and metallized formats for trays (pulp fiber, PP, APET, CPET, and more) and cup stock. They have a low SIT, broad seal range, outstanding seal integrity, and a consumer-friendly easy peel.
• Lumirror UV-stable PET films used as over-lamination protection for durable outdoor label applications. TA3W film provides 5 to 10 years of UV protection; TA3V offers 3 to 5 years UV protection. Both films have very low haze and high gloss.
• New Torayfan OPP roll-fed label film portfolio consisting of TLFC clear film in 48, 65, and 75 gauges, TLFM matte film in a 59 gauge, and TLFW white cavitated film in a 110 gauge. These label films offer excellent ink adhesion and printability and very good moisture resistance.