Are you responsible for assessing, purchasing, or managing outsourced package development services for your company’s consumer product brands? Are you a company that provides contract-packaging services? Do you sell products into the contract packaging industry?
If so, you won’t want to miss “CP 07: Succeeding with Contract Packaging.” The conference will be Sept. 10-12, 2007, at the Chicago Marriott O’Hare. Seating is limited, so don’t delay and be left out.
CP 07 is produced by Contract Packaging and Packaging World magazines in cooperation with the Contract Packaging Association. This is a first-of-its-kind educational and networking event focused exclusively on contract packaging challenges and solutions. It will examine industry trends and best practices—and offer plenty of opportunities for making valuable new contacts.
A welcome cocktail and networking reception will open the conference from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 10 at
the hotel. On Tuesday, Sept. 11, the conference will span a full day, concluding with a cocktail hour and sit-down dinner. On Wednesday, Sept. 12, the conference will end at 12:30 p.m.
Sponsoring companies providing contract-packaging, consulting, and financial services will operate tabletop exhibits throughout the conference.
Benjamin Gordon, managing director of BG Strategic Advisors, will deliver the opening keynote. His topic: “Trends and Opportunities in the Evolving Co-Packing Arena.” Gordon will discuss the ramifications of the looming convergence of the contract packaging industry through mergers and acquisitions and the potential impacts on both buyers and sellers of contract-packaging services.
The Contract Packaging Association will complement Gordon’s keynote with its first annual “State of the Industry” report, providing results of independent market research conducted for the organization.
The program agenda will include the following presentations:
• “Mass Customization: Satisfying Demands Across the Value Chain,” John Helferich, Batten Fellow, Darden School at the University of Virginia and formerly vice president of research and development, Masterfoods USA.
• “Contract Manufacturing: A Critical Pillar Supporting Your Business Strategy,” John Farren, packaging consultant and retired vice president of contract manufacturing, Gillette Co.
• “A Success Story: How Alcoa Leverages Co-Packaging,” James Tschantz, director of sales, Alcoa Packaging and Consumer Products and Steve Homola, President and COO, Accu-tec.
• “Essentials for Managing Your Partnership’s Operational Effectiveness,” Avi Edelstein, partner, Teffen Management Consulting.
• “Logistics Management: Re-Examining Your Paradigm to Create a Strategic Asset,” Kris Bjorsen, managing principal, The Logistics Practice Group of The Staubach Co. and David Lotterer, senior sales associate, The Staubach Co.
• “Leveraging Contract Packaging at the First and Second Moments of Truth,” David Elliott, purchasing group manager, Procter & Gamble.
• “Why Lowest Price May Not Mean the Best Deal: What Purchasing Managers Should Know About Packaging,” Jim Moseley, executive vice president, TricorBraun Inc.
• “Today’s Speed-to-Market Imperative: Quick-Changeover Packaging Capability,” Brian Wagner, vice president, Packaging & Technology Integrated Solutions; and John Henry, president, Changeover.com.
For online registration, go to www.packworld.com/CP 07. You can also contact events manager Adriene Cooper at 312/222-1010 or [email protected].