Covectra, a supplier of track and trace systems, announces AuthentiTrack Prime for small to medium-sized businesses (SMB), made to be a complete product serialization system designed to make it easier for growing manufacturers to meet compliance needs, maximize uptime, and ensure product integrity with semi-automatic or manual, low-volume packaging operation.
SMB manufacturers in a variety of industries including pharmaceutical, tobacco/nicotine, automotive, electronics, spirits, and others are challenged with the task of serialization to combat major issues around counterfeiting and product diversion. With less resources, they must engage in more flexible, custom manufacturing with smaller batches and often with looming deadlines. Installation of these track and trace systems can be difficult to fit in existing production lines and to meet regulations in the pharma supply chain, the process of marking all products with unique codes is daunting for these smaller shops.
AuthentiTrack Prime for SMB includes the following features:
· Smooth and Simpler Serialization—AuthentiTrack Prime for SMB is a system meant to provide all the components required for serialization operations in a compact and easy to use system. The Covectra system includes the AuthentiTrack database, which is hosted in the cloud, as well as the controllers for serializing at the site, line, and each packaging level. Covectra says it can also provide vision systems/barcode scanners, printing systems, conveyors, and other equipment that may be necessary.
· Unit-level serialization for unparalleled tracking—The product is made to manage the application of unique serialized 2D barcodes providing serialization from the case and pallet right down to primary package and, for some products, at the unit dose for a complete product track and trace system.
· Quicker and easier installation—It is designed to be up and running within hours. It is a standalone system and can be placed next to the production line without the need for more complex integration. It is also able to be easily transported and set up in new locations.
· Cloud-based, centralized data management providing traceability of products and easier compliance—AuthentiTrack Prime for SMB should provide GS1 EPCIS-certified serial number provisioning and stores all serialized data centralized in the cloud so it is easily accessible to anyone in the supply chain. Manufacturers ahould also be able to more easily comply with serialization requirements without needing to install a larger automated serialization system that may not fit easily in a limited space.
· Seamless integration—The product is designed as a practical system for small and mid-sized companies, with no need for a site controller—data is sent directly from the AuthentiTrack Cloud to the packaging line unit controller. The product is made to interface with industry accepted printers and verifiers, without using proprietary hardware. Integration to existing or future ERP systems should be easily accomplished.
· Serializations Services—Covectra can be your in-house resident expert for serializing your product. The company offers IT and engineering services to assure the serialization system is secure, monitored, up to date with GS1, DSCSA compliant, and runs