Columbia/Okura has been working on the development of a mobile, collaborative palletizing product solution for some time. Columbia/Okura intends to launch this software with its release of a new product range of palletizing “cobots”. “The partnership with Rocketfarm allows Columbia/Okura to deliver a customized and user friendly palletizing software package to clients who need a light weight palletizer with high degree of flexibility” says Brian Hutton, President of Columbia/Okura LLC. The software is very intuitive and doesn’t require any prior programming experience. It’s designed to work seamlessly with Columbia/Okura’s collaborative palletizer.
The new collaborative product offering has five significant client benefits:
1) Efficient Set-up: Takes less than a full day; plugs into 110V AC wall power
2) Easy Operation and Pattern programming: No previous programming experience required
3) Quick Payback: Average payback is between 8-10 months, depending on application and industry
4) Flexible Deployment: Our mobile solution is easily moved and re-deployed to new lines
5) No guarding required: A vast majority of cobot applications work next to humans without perimeter guarding requirements