Carlo Gavazzi is including an IO-Link in every ICF inductive sensor for easy ordering, application flexibility, and reduced inventory. An IO-Link master or configurator (such as its SCTL55 handheld IO-Link smart configurator) is required to change sensor settings during initial installation. However, the sensors can be used as standard transistor output sensors without an IO-Link operating environment. Therefore, the ICF sensors meet customer’s needs wherever they are on their IIoT journey and equips them for future automation advances.
Carlo Gavazzi is introducing new intelligent monitoring capabilities through IO-Link in this family of ICF Series sensors. Cyclic process data can monitor the quality of detection which allows predictive maintenance to be scheduled before downtime occurs. Additionally, alarms can be customized to signal if a target position is trending closer or further away from the sensing face or high/low internal sensor temperature.
Features and benefits of the sensors include:
• Extended temperature range (-40 to 85˚C and even short exposures up to 15 minutes at 100˚C)
• Washdown capabilities (IP68 and IP69K)
• Impact resistant up to 1J due to single piece stainless steel AISI304 housing
• Increased shock (100g) and vibration (25g) resistance
• Withstand pressure on sensing face (Up to 260 bar for M12, 200 bar for M18, & 100 bar for M30 housings)
• ECOLAB approval
•Avoid downtime due to early warning capabilities and schedule planned maintenance prior to failure
•Proximity & low margin alarms for notification when the target is beyond the desired operating window
•Alarm for over or under temperature monitoring
•Ability to identify sensors quickly and easily using “find my sensor” feature