This technology uses an extremely thin, modular plastic conveyor chain to create a system that has many advantages over typical belt conveyor designs, including: capability, maintenance, and price.
EZSPAN conveyors are unique compared to other standard belt conveyors in that they use modular chain rather than a fabric belt, which eliminates tracking issues that are considered “the norm” with belt conveyors. Also, EZSPAN take-up units are not placed at the ends of the conveyor, meaning when you order a 6-ft long conveyor, it will never deviate from this length. EZSPAN conveyors fit in perfectly between machines without the worry of the take-up unit creating a huge gap or interfering with the machine.
The width of the chain is 300 mm, or 11.8 in. Loading capacity for any of these conveyors is 250 lb, max. A Variable Frequency Drive is included in the system, as well as a “chain stretch” detector. The drive unit has been designed for increased performance and to make maintenance easier than ever.
EZSPAN offers the following design options for greater flexibility and control:
• Two chain styles: 6 mm plain (smooth top) and 6 mm raised (high-friction)
• VFD options: 120/240 VAC (1P) & 240 VAC (1P) or (3P)
• Available lengths: 730 mm (28.7 in.) to 9144 mm (316.0 in.)
• Low profile nose bar option: 18 mm (0.71 in.) in diameter
• Option for supports, casters, and guide rail