The RGC3….48 Series of three-phase SSRs have been very successful due to their recognition as one of the most compact three-phase solutions on the market. To keep the dimensions compact, the existing RGC3 solutions at higher current ratings (above 40 AAC) utilize forced ventilation and hence require a supply voltage. The new 48 AAC rated three-phase relay uses a larger, natural convection heat sink that eliminates the need for additional supply voltage if system monitoring is not required. The device can be panel-mounted inside of an electrical enclosure, or if a side-wall cutout is available, the heatsink portion of the relay can be mounted outside of the cabinet.
Through-wall mounting offers an additional benefit of keeping the heat generated during the operation of the SSRs outside of the enclosure, away from other sensitive electronic equipment.
Applications include HVAC, heat tracing, or packaging/wrapping, especially in situations where supply voltage is not available, or heat generated by the operation of an SSR has to be kept outside of the enclosure.
The specifications of the RGC3….48 Series include:
• Three-phase, three-pole switching solid state relays
• Universal panel and thru-wall mount heatsink
• Rated current: 48 AAC at 40°C per phase
• Rated voltage: up to 600 VAC
• Control voltage: 5-32VDC or 20-275 VAC
• Optional system monitoring with alarms
• Supply voltage only needed on system monitoring type
• For resistive or inductive loads
• High I2t rating of 15,000 A2s
• 100kA SCCR if used with J-class fuse
• CE approved, cULus listed