IoPP announces 2021 Scholarship recipients. Chosen from a pool of qualified applicants are this year’s IoPP scholarship winners:
- Grace Ellis, a packaging student at Michigan State University (class of 2022) has been awarded the PepsiCo R&D Scholarship worth $5,000.
- Anna Kent, a packaging student at University of Wisconsin – Stout (class of 2023), has been awarded one of the $2,500 IoPP Packaging Education Scholarships.
- Seohee Jang, a packaging engineer technician student at Conestoga College (class of 2021), has been awarded one of the $2,500 IoPP Packaging Education Scholarships.
- Wallace Layman, a dual degree student studying Paper Science and Engineering and Chemical Engineering at North Carolina State University (class of 2023), has been awarded the $1,000 IoPP Packaging Education Scholarship, sponsored by IoPP’s Central Ohio Chapter.
- Haliah Offutt, a graphic communications major at Illinois State University (class of 2022), has been awarded the $500 IoPP Packaging Education Scholarship, sponsored by IoPP’s New England Chapter.
“Now more than ever it is important to invest in the future of the packaging industry,” says Jane Chase, executive director, IoPP. “Not only will this year’s scholarship rewards aid these deserving students in their studies, our scholarship programs also provides them with heightened visibility within the industry, ensuring strong candidates for the future packaging workforce.”
More information about this year’s scholarship winners can be found online. IoPP thanks the judges who volunteered their time to select the winners of these prestigious scholarships:
- Ali Ali – Siemens
- Andy Busteed – 3M
- Doug Compton, CPP – Owens Corning
- Matt Culver, CPP – Target Corp.
- Suzanne Fenton, CPPL, Fellow – Spartech
- Susan Gruskin, CPP – PepsiCo
- Molly Lynn, CPP – Russell Stover Chocolates
- Rebecca Oesterle, CPPL, Fellow – IoPP Board Chair
- Jo Ann Ratto – U.S. Army DEVCOM Soldier Center
- Amy Schupbach, CPPL – Fresenius Kabi
- Amy Stewart - Printpack