These leading brand owners will discuss at The Automation Conference the benefits of using packaging automation technology. For professionals in the packaging industries, The Automation Conference offers valuable peer-to-peer education from an array of experts with knowledge specific to the value of automation in packaging. Summit Media Group, publisher of Packaging World, Healthcare Packaging and Automation World, has assembled two days of technology-focused education for packaging professionals at The Automation Conference, which is scheduled for May 22-23, 2012 at the Hilton Rosemont. This first-time event expands on the successful Packaging Automation Forum produced by Summit Media for the past six years.
Event Director David Greenfield comments, “The Automation Conference is the only event of its kind where attendees can access so much first-hand automation expertise delivered by end-users, OEMs, system integrators, technology developers, and academics. Given the importance of automation to the competitiveness of packaging operations, this event offers a critical education for any brand owner who needs to keep pace with industry developments.”
Packaging-specific sessions include:
• Former FDA official Dr. David Acheson on changes to the Food Safety Modernization Act and how they will affect food producers and the OEMs who make the machines used in the industry
• Pepsi Bottling - Lean and automation for improved OEE
• Gilchrest & Soames - automated asset management to streamline label procurement
• Coca-Cola - remote diagnostics system for packaging and processing operations
• Church & Dwight - getting the most out of your interaction with standards organizations
• Nestlé - packaging automation strategies
• Caribbean Food Delights - leveraging controls technology for rapid changeovers
• Purdue Calumet University - the application of machine vision in packaging
• Consultant Keith Campbell - how CPG companies can adapt their automation strategies to bridge process and discrete operations
In a Packaging Technology Roundtable moderated by Packaging World VP/Editor Pat Reynolds, attendees will benefit by an in-depth panel discussion plus Q & A session, produced in cooperation with the Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute (PMMI). Participants include Tom Egan, PMMI; Kai Mariappan, Coca-Cola; Tom Doney, Nestlé Engineering and Chair of OMAC Packaging Workgroup's PackAdvantage; Joe Grove, Ossid LLC, (a ProMach Company); and Winston Strachan, Caribbean Food Delights.
A mainstay of Summit’s Packaging Automation Forum returns to The Automation Conference. David Chappell’s popular Make2Pack and Connect-and-Pack Workshop will take place on May 22. This packaging standards workshop will cover:
• Automation project management
• How to design interactive components in a modular implementation
• The process of integrating the PackML standard with ERP systems
• An update on the PackML and ISA88 TR02 standards
Early bird discounted registration is available until April 22, 2012.