With two weeks until the return of ProFood Tech (March 26–28, 2019; McCormick Place, Chicago), the most comprehensive food and beverage processing show in North America, it’s time to start preparing to capitalize on everything offered during this three-day event.
“With processing solutions for nearly every industry vertical, attendees can witness a wide array of the latest technologies under one roof,” says Laura Thompson, senior director of expositions, PMMI.
Produced by three of the world’s trade show leaders – PACK EXPO, Koelnmesse - organizer of Anuga, and the International Dairy Foods Association (IDFA) – ProFood Tech is unprecedented in its ability to bring the industry together and address the critical issues facing food and beverage processing operators in North America.
“With a truly international approach, ProFood Tech is an opportunity not to be missed and PMMI, Koelnmesse and IDFA are very excited to present the second edition of ProFood Tech,” adds Denis Steker, vice president international of Koelnmesse (organizer of Anuga).
Uniting 7,000 processing professionals and more than 400 of the world’s top suppliers over 125,000 net square feet ofexhibitfloor, this show features 25 hours of free, on-floor educational programming, countless networking opportunities and a variety of student activities.
“ProFood Tech offers a full range of food and beverage processing solutions from both large companies that serve several market segments and smaller niche companies focused on specific needs,” concludes Neil Moran, IDFA senior vice president of finance, administration and trade show.
Here’s what’s in store:
TheProFood Tech Knowledge Hub, produced by IDFA, is a free educational program featuring a range of learning experiences led by industry thought leaders, located in three venues on the show floor.
- TheImpact Zonewill encourage discussions and sharing of experiences among industry colleagues.
- TheInnovation Zonewill feature breakthrough technologies and formulations to spark ideas and uncover fresh opportunities.
- TheDisruption Zonewill deliver sessions on how to make the most of disruptive technologies to meet consumer demands.
Opening Day Reception– Gather with peers and network with fellow industry professionals, Tuesday, March 26 from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network Breakfast– Hear from women leaders in the industry and connect with peers through networking exercises and shared experiences, Wednesday, March 27 from 8:00 to 9:45 a.m.
ProFood World Awards & Reception
- 2018 Sustainability Excellence in Manufacturing Awards–Honors exceptional sustainability achievements within food and beverage manufacturing operations.
- 2019 Manufacturing Innovation Awards–Recognizes outstanding food and beverage processing and packaging innovation projects.
- Awards Reception– Celebrate award recipients and network with leading food and beverage companies in packaging and processing environmental initiatives on Wednesday, March 27 from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
The Dairy Bar(Presented by IDFA) – Network with colleagues while sampling delicious dairy products and beverages, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily.
Student Opportunities– programs to get students excited about careers in processing:
- CareerLink Live– Connects PMMI members and consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies with students and veterans pursuing careers in processing.
- Future Innovators Robotics Showcase – Showcases local high school robotics teams’ design, engineering and troubleshooting skills on the show floor.
- Education Pavilion – Gathers students and representatives from schools who have programs related to food and beverage processing.
Cold Pressure Council Annual Conference– Addresses all thingsHigh PressureProcessing.
The Dairy Pavilion– Presented by IDFA, presents the latest dairy processing technologies.
International Pavilions– Provides a global perspective with pavilions from China, France, IndiaandTaiwan, among others.
With so much to see and learn, now is the time to create a personal agenda for the show usingMy Show Planneranddownload the mobile app, sponsored by Dorner Mfg. Corp., from either the Apple Store or Google Play to search exhibitors, products and educational sessions.
There is still time to register for ProFood Tech 2019. Register online atwww.profoodtech.com.