This new robot expands FANUC’s LR Mate robot series to 10 model variations.
The popularity of the LR Mate robot series is due to FANUC’s world-renowned reliability along with a number of unique features including its lightweight, tabletop size, which is often compared to the size of a person’s arm.
All 10 models include clean room and wash proof versions, each with various wrist speeds and reaches to accommodate even the most limited workspace.
“The LR Mate was introduced in 1992 and has been deployed in a variety of traditional manufacturing and service applications. Some of the most interesting things we’ve seen this robot do include serving coffee, fulfilling orders in retail stores, and even preparing fast foods,” said Carolyn Chase, product manager, LR Mate robot series, FANUC America.
The LR Mate 200iD robots offer a “best in class” work envelope for both upright and invert mount installations. The LR Mate 200iD robot series also offers an ISO Class 4 clean room/food-grade variant for food handling and healthcare packaging applications.
PACK EXPO Las Vegas and Healthcare Packaging EXPO (Sept. 27-29, Las Vegas Convention Center) will reunite the packaging and processing community, offering new products, technologies and solutions, while implementing up-to-date protocols for a safe and successful in-person event. Attendee registration is now open.
These small tabletop robots can be equipped with a variety of intelligent features including robot vision and force sensing functionality for even higher levels of accuracy and productivity.
LR Mate 200iD features and benefits include:
• Slim arm and compact footprint minimizes interference to peripheral devices in tight spaces.
• Available in three variations: standard, short, and long arm.
• 4kg to 14kg wrist load capacity with up to six-axis articulation.
• Best in class work envelope simplifies system layout.
• Fastest joint axes speeds maximize system throughput.
• Integrated 24VDC power, signal and air for easy end-of-arm-tool connection.
• Integrated thru-arm cable option for iRVision, force sensing, Ethernet and auxiliary axes.
• Flexible mounting (upright, invert, angle).
• High rigidity and the most advanced servo technology enable smooth motion at high speeds.
• Easy integration into machines.
• Features lightest mechanical unit in its class.
• Standard IP67 rating allows operation in factory environments with dust and oil mist; many variants have an optional IP69K rating for wash proof, clean room or food grade environments.