The longitudinal seal module LSM Fin delivers high sealing speeds thanks to its long exposure area and does not require synchronization with the film feed as would be the case with rotating solutions. When sealing at the fin, speeds of up to 120 m./min. can be achieved. The anvil can be easily removed using a quick release system. Different contours are available and parallel seals are also possible. The sealing blade is easy to replace, while the parameter settings are retained.
The cold ultrasonic tools heat up and connect the polymer sealing layers using vibrations directly in the seal area. No cold seal adhesive is required for this process – this cost-intensive consumer product can be eliminated.
The ultrasonic process brings additional advantages:
- Savings due to omission of the cold seal adhesive
- No product contamination due to cold seal adhesive
- No thermal influence on the product
- Low thermal stress for film
- No preheating time required
- Easy cleaning without risk of injury.