Your experience is common, there is a real solution.
Pfankuch ASB feeders handle folded pharmaceutical inserts without the
standard friction feeder hassles. The patented separation method not only
feeds folded inserts, but even feeds them open edge leading if the package
or bar code scanning require. Imagine that - OPEN EDGE LEADING!
Available with a variety of standard industry options (scanning, reject with
optional isolation, high density multiples, enclosure, controller lockout,
etc) the feeders can be easily validated and dropped into your production.
Standard pharmaceutical configurations include:
- Mechanical and electronic integration of customer supplied raster bar
code scanner with RS232 connector
- product reject system (miss match / no match)
- code teach functionality through feeder interface
- separate motor power supply so feeder operation can be disabled (subject
to password reset) without cutting control power
- unitizing extrusion machine support frame
- short and narrow product modifications for feeder
- mechanical double detect sensor
- Programming interface for software changes in the field
- 3 color signal light
- vibrating support curve (requires compressed air)
- Typical controls include:
disabled power switch
positive voltage fault signals out
The ASB 310-KHS is capable of feeding common inserts at speeds of up to
400PPM. Batching options are available for high speed batching of
transdermal pouches, etc.