This new film utilizes DuPont imaging technology and enables the integration of overt anti-counterfeiting features directly onto product packaging or labeling.
Embossed holographic films are typically used to apply anti-counterfeiting features on packaging. However, embossed holographic films are widespread and it is easy for counterfeiters to copy, according to the company. Izon 3D security film utilizes a patented DuPont imaging process to create a look that is clearly differentiated and truly 3D. Key benefits of the new Izon® 3D film include:
• Clearly visible 3D features: The unique side dot validation design makes it easy to verify full parallax 3D imaging.
• Bright holographic red security icon: A clearly recognizable holographic red “lock” image is embedded to enhance quick authentication.
• Disappearing image: The holographic image disappears when the label is viewed off-angle, an advanced security feature that is unlike traditional embossed foil holograms.
• Optional transparent construction: The construction of the film allows for application directly over printed text, bar codes or other images. Printed information under the Izon® strip becomes visible when the box is rotated or viewed from an angle.
• Deep image: A semi-covert image becomes visible “floating” in the background when using a point light source, such as a flashlight. This feature is extremely useful for field verification by brand protection teams and enforcement agents.