The CX7000 Embedded PC makes considerably higher processing power available in the low-cost, compact controller segment. Furthermore, all the advantages of the TwinCAT 3 software generation can be utilized. The extremely compact design of the CX7000, with dimensions of just 49 x 100 x 72 mm, ensures optimum scalability of PC-based control for small controller applications that typically require minimum footprint.
With multi-functional I/O channels directly integrated, the CX7000 assures an excellent value:
• Eight digital inputs, 24 V DC, 3 ms filter, type 3
• Four digital outputs, 24 V DC, 0.5 A, 1-wire technology
These integrated multi-functional I/Os can be configured for other operating modes via TwinCAT 3, including the option to use fast counting or processing of analog values:
• Counter mode: 1 x 100 kHz digital counter input, 1 x digital input as up/down counter, 2 x digital counter outputs
• Incremental encoder mode: 2 x digital inputs for 100 kHz encoder signal, 2 x digital encoder outputs
• Analog signal mode: 2 x digital inputs configured as analog inputs 0…10 V, 12 bit
• PWM signal mode: 2 x digital outputs configured for PWM signal
If additional electrical signal types need to be processed, the CX7000 can be expanded very easily on demand by adding EtherCAT Terminals or Bus Terminals to the integrated I/Os. Additional I/O terminals can attach directly to the CX7000.
The Embedded PC is equipped with 512 MB MicroSD flash memory (with the option to upgrade to 1, 2, 4 or 8 GB) and is suitable for operating temperatures between -25 and +60 °C. An Ethernet interface (10/100 Mbit/s, RJ45) serves as the programming interface. This means that the space-saving CX7000 is ideal for use as a cost-effective, stand-alone compact controller. In the CX7080 version, peripheral devices such as displays, scanners or weighing systems can be connected via an additional serial interface (RS232/RS485).