- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
Article | June 19, 2014
Cold chain and logistics forum heads to Boston
Sept. 29-Oct. 3 event to shift focus to supply chain integrity as it moves back to 'the center of the life sciences industry.'
The 12th Annual Cold Chain GDP & Temperature Management Logistics Global Forum will provide a new focus when the show runs in Boston Sept. 29-Oct. 3: a shift towards supply chain integrity.
Claudia Rubino, Divisional Director—Americas, Cold Chain IQ, a div. of event producer IQPC, says, “We’ve never seen a more transformational time where the supply chain’s integrity is so critical to the future of your company and the safety of patients.”
With the life sciences industry evolving, the event continues to grow into a broader range of industry sectors, including medical devices, pharmacies, diagnostics, generics, APIs, clinical, CRO, CMOs, vaccines, and biologics.
IQPC says the move to Boston will provide attendees with a location that represents a major biotechnology hub and returns the show back to the Northeast, described by IQPC as “the center of the life sciences industry.”
Related Sponsored Content
More than 100 exhibitors and more than 750 cold chain leaders, including 65% end-user attendees, are expected at the Boston event. IQPC says the event format is designed to optimize team-based attendance, allowing individual members to split up among various tracks and sessions to maximize learning.
Following a welcome by Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh, a keynote address will be given by Domenic J. Veneziano, Capt., U.S. Public Health Service, Director, Div. of Import Operations, FDA.
Veneziano’s topic: “U.S. Authorities Collaborative Approach To Ensuring Secure Global Supply Chains and Harmonized Trade Processes International Trade Data System (ACE/ITDS) Program—What Does It Mean To The Future Of Imports.”
Additional event highlights include the following:
• A site tour of the Cold Chain Technologies facilities
• Two masterclasses to choose from: Temperature Sensitive Packaging or GDP Essentials
• High-level, “Blue Sky Room” discussions on Vaccines & Diagnostics, Blood, Biologics & Biobanks, and Biotechnology & Small Pharmacy Supply Chains
• Intermediary and Advanced workshops focused on your role and challenges in the industry
• International focus day highlighting challenging markets, including Brazil, Russia, India, Thailand and China: EU Regulator R.J. (Riekert) Bruinink will also make a presentation
• A Technology Demo Drive that will feature a 15-min showcase of solution provider offerings
• Healthcare Packaging magazine will report live from the event, and its subscribers will receive 20% off standard rates with code 12CCGF_HEALTHPACK
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
The 2014 Trends Report
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book consisting of our editors' picks of most notable package designs. Updated for 2014!