Reed-Lane, a NJ-based pharmaceutical contract packaging provider that serves prescription, over-the-counter, and generic drug manufacturers, has added to its existing 132,000-sq-ft facility with a 30% increase in warehouse space.
The warehouse expansion makes room for an expected increase in overall production, as the company also put the finishing touches on its fifth bottling line. Reed-Lane focuses on blister packaging, bottling, pouching, and vial filling.
Among the machinery in the new bottling line is a MPS 48-16 slat filler from Modular Packaging Systems. Utilizing the economy of just 48 slats, the machine’s independently driven top brush combines with a vibrator to provide the control and agitation to fill each cavity slat 100%.
Product falls into 16 divided chutes, where it is fed into a custom funnel, then straight to the opening of the awaiting 16 bottles. The 48-16 is equipped with dual dust extraction points to eliminate excessive dust buildup from within the product hopper area.
Other equipment in Reed-Lane’s new bottling line include:
• Model AU-3 bottle unscrambler from Kaps-All Packaging Systems
• Model Met 30+ metal detector from Lock Inspection Systems
• Model C8 capper from Kaps-All Packaging Systems
• Model AM-250 high-speed induction sealer from AutoMate Technologies
• Model FA6 cap retorquer from Kaps-All Packaging System
• Model M-500 tamper-evident neck bander from Marburg Industries
• Model Versaline wrap labeler configured for square and round bottles from Quadrel Labeling Systems
• Model SmartDate 5 thermal-transfer printer from Markem-Imaje
• Model OP 300 label inspection system from Optel Vision
• Model rotary topserter from MGS Machine Corp.
• Optional sachet or canister desiccant feeding
“Our expansion in both production and storage capacity is a result of the overall growth we’ve experienced over the last several years—growth that has seen an increasingly diverse roster of pharmaceutical companies put their trust in Reed-Lane for contract packaging services,” says Patricia Elvin, President of Reed-Lane. “Reed-Lane has made a concerted effort to expand and hone our capabilities in all areas, and a large part of that lies in new equipment installations.”