FT System, in partnership with the CNR researchers and the University of Padua, developed the L.Sensor500. CO2/O2. The instrument is the first of its kind to utilize laser spectroscopy technology in the gaseous phase, for non-invasive and non-destructive measurement of both oxygen and carbon dioxide in glass and plastic containers.
L.Sensor500.CO2/O2 measurement is achieved using two lowpower, class 1 lasers which pass a beam through the headspace of the container. The instrument is able to measure the percentage of carbon dioxide and oxygen in the headspace, the amount of dissolved O2 in PPM, total pressure inside the container, partial pressure from CO2 and the content of dissolved CO2 in g/l. The L.Sensor500.CO2/O2 technology will perform the measurement independent of the color of the container. L.Sensor technology is unique in that the inspection does not require the container to be opened or pierced. The system can test random samples and does not require samples to be prepared in advance.
Features of the FT System L.Sensor.O2 include:
• Percentage of O2 in the headspace
• PPM of dissolved O2
• Total pressure (at actual temperature and at 20⁰C)
• Partial Pressure, CO2 (at actual temperature and at 20⁰C)
• Dissolved CO2 (g/l or V/V)
• Measuring time: from 20 to 50 sec
• Time and date of measurement for data control
• Measurement distance (headspace)
• Measurement temperature