Unlike most current heat seal trapped blister packs, X Card eliminates the heat and dwell time by using a patent-pending cohesive application system that simply requires pressure to seal. The result is a highly efficient and environmentally friendly alternative to heat seal.
X Card also has many benefits for companies seeking sustainable packaging solutions, including:
• Reduced energy consumption due to quicker production and no heat use
• Corrugated materials that are at least 65 percent recycled
• Greater recyclability since blisters emerge free from paper and glue residue
• Converting done under one roof
• SFI certification for all paper products to ensure consistency
Carded blister packaging is often used in club stores and to group products together, such as cosmetics or special promotional items. The X Card blister system helps protect these products during transportation and display. The high-quality materials used to create X Card also enhance packaging graphics and provide a large billboard space help communicate product features and benefits.
X Card can be produced using a variety of substrates, from economy to upscale. It¹s minimum size requirement is 10² x 7.5², but the size can be customized. Typical club pack blister card sizes are 11² x 9² and 13² x 15².
Menasha’s promotion of X Card stems from a license and supply agreement with Excel Retail Solutions, LLC.