The Contract Packaging Association has installed its 2013-14 Board of Directors, which will serve the association through the current fiscal year, running from July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014. Current board members are:
• Chris Nutley: President of the Contract Packaging Association. President, MSW Packaging, Lawrenceburg, IN
• Vicky Smitley: Treasurer of the Contract Packaging Association and oversees the Meeting Committee. She is Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Ryt-way Industries, Gibson City, IL
• Tom Bacon: Director. President, Aaron Thomas Company
• Peter Grego: Director; chair of the Meeting Committee. Director, Co-Packing Sales of NorCal Beverage Company
• Jeff Freiburger: Director; member, the Meeting and Education Committees. President of RRP Packaging
• Tim Koers: Director; member, the Education Committee. COO of Visual Pak, Waukegan, IL.
• Mark O’Malley: Director; member, the Marketing Committee. President, Paket Corporation
• Jason Tham: Director; CPA Associate Member Representative and Associate Member Committee Chair. CEO of Nulogy Corporation, Toronto, Canada
• Scott Thomas: Director; CPA Associate Member Representative and Membership Committee Chair. Director, North America, Contract Packaging Segment, Sealed Air Shrink Packaging (Cryovac & Shanklin)
• Eric Wilhelm: Director. CEO of Coregistics
The Board of Directors is charged with overseeing the activities of the association and for assuring that those activities meet the CPA Mission Statement:
To serve the needs of member companies through continuing education, market knowledge and customer relationships.
Part of that mission is to work to see that the association’s Standards of Conduct are observed:
Contract Packaging Association members operate on the presumption that every business is based on a personal commitment to the highest of standards.
Putting the CPA’s mission and standards into effect, members of the Contract Packaging Association work to…
• Protect the safety, health and welfare of the public and the client in the fulfillment of his or her professional duties and will refuse an assignment rather than compromise standards of integrity.
• Determine its qualifications to perform any assignment for a client and accept only those contracts in which it has complete competence.
• Treat all information relating to the business affairs of a client as confidential, including the client’s name, if they request anonymity.
• Conduct its business in a professional and dignified manner, and will, at all times, uphold the honor and integrity expected.
• Continue to pursue knowledge and professional development in its operations to provide clients with state-of-the-art satisfaction, and will contribute effort and funds to the furtherance of appropriate technology.
• Establish a fee schedule for each client and accept payment for services from only one source in the conduct of a project unless both parties agree and are informed of each others participation.
• Be truthful and forthright in observations and recommendations to clients and endeavor to make clear the significance and limitations of reported findings.
• Be honest and objective in relations with vendors and describe their products fairly and accurately with clients.
Other association news
Pack Expo Las Vegas 2013 CPA Packaging Resource Center
The Contract Packaging Association will provide a Packaging Resource Center at Pack Expo Las Vegas, offering CPA members the opportunity to showcase their products and services in a high-profile display at Booth C-148. The display gives participants the ability to reach out to the more than 26,000 Pack Expo attendees.
CPA President Presents at the Global Food and Beverage Packaging Summit
Chris Nutley, CPA President, presented a case study, Brands Leveraging the Flexibility of Co-Packers to Improve Overall Package Performance, at the Global Food and Beverage Packaging Summit in Chicago, IL on July 18, 2013. Nutley focused attention on redesigning packaging to reduce waste; how to use multiple contract packagers to streamline the workflow of specialty packaging; and how to ensure the collaboration of contract packagers is a win-win scenario for all supply chain partners.
Say hello to these new CPA members
The following mew CPA Members and Associate Members have joined us in the past few months:
Britman Packaging Services
Discturnkey Solution Company, Ltd.
Minimus Products LLC
Netzsch Pumps North America LLC
R. A. Jones & Company