Cognex Corporation announces it has added two new models to the DataMan® 50 series of compact barcode readers and a new DataMan 60 series with three models that offer Ethernet connectivity.
These new products round out Cognex’s line of high-performance, low-cost barcode readers and target applications typically handled by single-line or raster laser scanners. The new DataMan readers feature a compact form factor as well as the same powerful, proprietary barcode reading technology, visualization for performance feedback, and solid state design found on Cognex premium readers. The DataMan 50/60 series barcode readers are available at a price equivalent to existing laser scanner products.
The DataMan 50 and DataMan 60 series of barcode readers are available in three models:
• DataMan 50/60L: Fast, accurate reading of 1-D oriented barcodes (either ladder or picket fence).
• DataMan 50/60QL: Best-in-class reading of 1-D omnidirectional barcodes.
• DataMan 50/60 S: For reading 1-D omnidirectional barcodes or 2-D matrix codes.
Exceptional read rate performance and reliability
DataMan image-based barcode readers are superior to laser scanners in several ways; they offer higher read rates, performance feedback, and better reliability.
All DataMan barcode readers feature:
• Hotbars™, a proprietary technology that provides the highest read rates of 1-D linear barcodes, including those that are damaged, distorted, blurred, scratched, low height or low contrast.
• IDQuick™, for fast, accurate reading of 2-D codes (S models).
• The ability to analyze “no reads” by letting the user see what the reader sees, either live on a monitor or through image archiving.
• Solid state design with no moving parts that can become worn out and require replacement.
• RS-232, USB, and Ethernet (DataMan 60 models) connectivity options.
The DataMan 50/60 series is available now. Click here for more information.