MG America, the U.S. subsidiary of MG2 of Bologna, offers the Farmo Res Prima K7-Food Thermoformer for the portion packaging of “liquid” food products such as jam, honey, sauces and spreadables. The Prima K7-Food has an output of up to 600 packs per minute, depending on tub dimensions and dosing volume.
The Prima K7-Food Thermoformer handles multiple stages of the packaging process, including small tub forming; pre-cutting (for easy user opening); dosing; sealing; and cutting (for separation of individual tubs). It can produce a variety of portion pack shapes including round, oval and square – as well as customized casts – and can dispense a wide range of dosing volumes. Dosing – which can be performed along multiple channels for high production or product variations (such as different flavors of jam) - is performed with special nozzles to handle lumps or granules in certain liquid food items.
The machine’s ergonomic build is especially advantageous. The Prima K7-Food’s balcony-constructed frame provides maximum access to all packaging areas and allows for easy cleaning. The machine also offers forming and loading capabilities from the operator side, resulting in a more compact forming module and easier changeover procedures. The flexible design affords the ability to modify its loading system to handle solid products.
Other features of the Prima K7-Food Thermoformer include:
• Dedicated product tanks with TRI-CLAMP connections
• Pre-sealing capabilities including nitrogen injection and a UV lamp for lidding film sterilization
• Special cooled cutting die with a temperature-controlled water circulation system (for hot products)
• Symbol embossing and punch holder in the forming mold, usually for bottom-of-pack messaging such as expiration dates
• Ability to link up to packing or cartoning machines dedicated to food products