Designed to withstand harsh environments, Hoffman’s polycarbonate enclosures are corrosion resistant and feature quick-release stainless steel latches. A drip shield, located at the top and bottom of the enclosure body, effectively protects the gasket area from dust and water ingress when installed in either left or right hand hinge applications. For enhanced protection, enclosures are equipped with a molded-in padlocking feature, which provides wire tie and lockout capabilities while allowing operators to easily open the well-sealed cover.
Polycarbonate enclosures offer superior protection through the following features:
• Durable, lightweight polycarbonate construction is chemical and corrosion resistant
• Integrated molded hinges
• Foam-in-place gasket provides protection against dust and water
• Easy modification with standard hand tools
• Eco-friendly polycarbonate can be recycled and reused
• Stainless steel wall-mounting provisions provided
To comply with industry standards, polycarbonate enclosures are UL 508A Listed for industrial control enclosures use and IP66/UL Type 4X rated for use in corrosive environments and demanding applications, including water and wastewater, industrial automation and wireless communications.