BioMass Packaging®, a division of Excellent Packaging, innovator and wholesale distributor of sustainable, biodegradable, and nature-based packaging for foodservice and other applications, has broadened its range of bio-friendly alternatives to foodservice staples with the addition of new paper cold cups manufactured from renewably sourced paper fibers. The new ecotainer® cold cups look and perform just like regular paper cold cups, but are completely sustainable because they are entirely sourced from renewable resources.
Eschewing the polyethylene that is normally used to line paper cups, these new PLA-lined cold cups use a plant-based Ingeo™ lining to provide leak-proof performance. When used in conjunction with an Ingeo-based lid and straw, any soft drink vendor can now offer its customers a fully compostable serving solution that enables diversion of cold cups from the landfill — where billions of paper and foam cups end up every year.
BioMass Packaging compostable cold cup performance is identical to that of traditional paper cold cups:
• Available in 12-, 16-, 22-, and 32-ounce capacities.
• Made exclusively from renewable resources, using paper fiber from responsibly managed forests
• Lined with plant-based Ingeo™ that requires less energy to create than the polyethylene used in traditional paper cups, and ensures the cups can handle liquids without deforming
• Available with lids and straws also made from Ingeo
• 100% compostable —biodegrades in commercial compost facilities
• Compatible with municipal curbside yard waste collection programs
• Certified by BPI and meet the ASTM (D-6400) standard for compostability