• Sweet Candy Co., Salt Lake City, UT, has launched a new subsidiary, Mount Olympus, to focus on its contract manufacturing/packaging and private label business. Mount Olympus has invested in new equipment to increase its capabilities and capacities. Expansion in the starch mogul, chocolate enrobing, and packaging departments increases Mount Olympus’ depth and breadth of abilities. The manufacturing facility uses HACCP systems, is kosher-certified and FDA-registered, and also is rated superior by AIB.
• The Safety Quality Food Institute has certified Praxis Packaging, Grand Rapids, MI, under the SQF 2000CM Code as a Level Three, Comprehensive Food Safety and Quality Management System.
• American Honda Motor Co. Inc. presented the company’s Premier Partner Award to Crown Packaging Inc. for excellence in on-site contract packaging services.
• J&J Packaging, Sunman, IN, will expand its gift card packaging division, planning to invest more than $2.5 million to upgrade equipment at its facility.
• Sterling Contract Packaging, Spartanburg, SC, has added a fully automated plastic tube-filling and -sealing machine to its operation. With average run rates of about 25 tubes/min, the machine can accommodate tubes up to 8.25” long and fill quantities from .25 oz to 8 oz. The machine also will enable Sterling to reduce finished goods inventory.
DePaul Packaging, a contract packager in Portland, OR, announces the following changes to its executive management team: Dave Shaffer has been appointed president, in addition to his role as CEO. Travis Pearson has been appointed chief operating officer, in addition to serving as a vice president. Dean Stearman, a vice president, also assumes the role of chief innovation officer. Noel King has been appointed vice president, development and social programs. … Praxis Packaging has appointed Brian Bishop as customer service manager. … Julian Duerschmidt has joined Jacobson Companies as president of its Key Account Sales Team. … PrePak Holdings Inc. announces the appointment of Don Huggins as vice president of sales for PrePak Systems.