Six companies received accolades for innovative produce package designs at the PMA (Produce Marketing Association) Fresh Summit in Orlando, FL.
A lot of consumer packaged goods companies are hopping on the bandwagon of sustainable package design, but the PMA judges said the six companies they honored take things a step further by bringing some aspect of package innovation to the table.
The winners were:
• Del Monte Fresh Produce Inc. and Robbie for Cored Del Monte Gold Extra Sweet Pineapple Cylinder, in a flexible pouch.
• Chiquita Brands International, for Artisanal Salads.
• Clear Lam Packaging and Apio Inc., for New Pink Platter to Benefit the Fight Against Breast Cancer.
• Hanline Farms, for Fresh & Ready Vegetables.
• Mastronardi Produce Ltd., for the Sunset Candy Tomato multipack.
•T. Marzetti, for Simply Dressed.