The offerings enable small and midsize digital print and sign shops, copy shops and photo labs to produce indoor and outdoor applications with ease while reducing their environmental impact.
Additions to the portfolio include:
• The HP
Designjet L25500 Printer, which offers easy, low-maintenance printing of a wider range of applications – from indoor point-of-purchase displays, exhibition graphics and interior décor like wall murals and fabrics to outdoor banners, bus shelters and vehicle wraps – than is possible with eco-solvent or traditional water-based printing alone.
• Six Original HP printing materials compatible with HP Latex Ink printers, including two recyclable substrates and three polyvinyl chloride (PVC)-free alternatives.
• The expansion of the HP Planet Partners program to include the HP Large-format Media take-back program in the United States and select countries in Europe.
“Customers have been asking us for a versatile, cost-effective alternative to eco-solvent-based printing solutions for the production of a wider range of indoor and outdoor large-format applications, while reducing the impact of printing on the environment,” said Santiago Morera, vice president and general manager, Designjet Large-format Printing Solutions, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. “The expanded HP Latex Printing Technology portfolio enables us to meet and exceed this demand for a variety of customers, allowing them to create a competitive advantage and seize new growth opportunities.”
The expanded HP Latex Printing Technology portfolio builds on the proven technology of the HP Designjet L65500 Printer. This printer has seen tremendous acceptance in the graphics market with more than 1.2 million m2 printed on installed machines since the printer’s general availability in August 2008. Unrivaled versatility, ease of use and printing with the environment in mind
Available in 42- and 60-inch models, the HP Designjet L25500 Printer delivers unrivaled versatility for a broad range of high-quality and flexible, outdoor and indoor applications while meeting the needs of environmentally conscious customers.
Existing low-volume print service providers (PSPs), such as early customer Tot.rètol of Igualada, Spain, can benefit from the HP Designjet L25500 Printer because it delivers prints with quality and durability comparable to eco-solvent ink technologies. In addition, it prints a wider range of applications – from durable outdoor signage to high-resolution, close-view prints – than is possible with eco-solvent or traditional water-based printing alone.
“The HP Designjet L25500 Printer has allowed us to expand our previously solvent-only sign-making business with new applications and products, while still serving our core business for robust, durable output,” said Joan Torrents, general manager and owner, Tot.rètol. “We recently bid for a high-image-quality job for which our solvent printer was not an option due to the low image quality it offers. By using the HP Designjet L25500 Printer, as opposed to outsourcing, we were able to make an extremely competitive offer to acquire the new customer and still make a profit. The customer was satisfied with our printing service and we have become their first choice supplier.”
The ease of use afforded by water-based HP Latex Inks and HP 789 Designjet Printheads enables an easy transition into large-format or outdoor printing for entry-level sign shops, photo labs and digital printers thanks to unattended printing with no daily, manual printhead maintenance required,(4) user-replaceable printheads and an embedded spectrophotometer for accurate and consistent color across prints and between printers.
Designed to reduce the impact of printing on the environment, HP Latex Inks produce odorless prints that allow placement in point-of-purchase environments where odor is a concern. HP Latex Inks are non-flammable and non-combustible, do not require hazard warning labels, and contain no hazardous air pollutants (HAPs). Additionally, no special ventilation equipment or external dryer is required and the HP Designjet L25500 Printer features the ENERGY STAR® rating, which demonstrates compliance with strict energy-efficiency guidelines. New optimized media selections for HP Designjet L25500 Printer
HP also introduced six Original HP printing materials compatible with HP Latex Ink printers. These additions expand the portfolio to 19 printing materials, including seven recyclable substrates and several PVC-free alternatives. HP White Satin Poster Paper
– a multi-layer, bright-white coated paper developed to provide durability and excellent image quality for indoor and outdoor advertising applications and can be recycled through commonly available recycling programs. HP One-view Perforated Adhesive Window Vinyl
– a self-adhesive vinyl, designed particularly for window graphics, with a perforated, black back film and white paper liner that provides stunning graphics on one side and a clear view from the other. HP Air Release Adhesive Gloss Cast Vinyl
– a high-performance white cast vinyl with a gloss finish and an opaque permanent adhesive that provides clean removability, laminated outdoor durability up to five years for vehicle and fleet graphics applications and a new HP Performance Warranty when used with the HP Clear Gloss Cast Overlaminate. HP PVC-free Gloss Adhesive Film
– a PVC-free alternative to monomeric vinyl that offers excellent performance in a white film with a gloss-satin finish and a permanent, repositionable adhesive for strong adhesion and outdoor durability as well as glass and all-purpose cleaner rub resistance. HP PVC-free Wall Paper
– a flame retardant, strippable, pre-pasted wall paper with an ultra-smooth finish that provides vivid color, high-definition detail for close viewing and an odor-free alternative to PVC for wall murals and creative designs; provides up to 20 years display permanence indoors, away from direct sun; easy-to-install paper also tears off easily and comes with an HP warranty for clean removal.