• Natural and organic products were very popular. So were convenience products which is where package-promoted portability comes in.
• Bottled products smoothies and fortified products had more dynamic packaging because the beverage market is more competitive. There were different shapes and colors of bottles. Bottles looked more narrow or slender making them easier for the consumer to hold. Longer necks lent style to some bottles.
• Mainstream companies seemed to be offering more beverages in a 6-oz size much like the can for Red Bull instead of the more typical 12-oz can. Overall companies were promoting more single-serve products.
• Convenience features were also included in combination products such as a General Mills’ container that you drink from that has cereal on one side and milk on the other.
• Again packaged produce was a big hit particularly combinations such as sliced apples with dips or vegetables such as carrots and celery with dip. Single-serving sizes were especially noticed.